Before we get into the Thanksgiving Episodes, let’s address the elephant in the room. Thanksgiving has always felt like a strange holiday to celebrate. Don’t get me wrong I love the food and the family time but once I really learned and sat with the history of the holiday I had to rethink my approach to the day. Maybe you have too, and that’s okay — good even. We can hold two things at once.
Now, while I still use the day to truly be thankful for what I have; I also remember to take time to think of the Indigenous lives and land on their National Day of Mourning.
I can be both critical of the origins of the holiday and thankful for time to celebrate and practice gratitude with family and friends. Nuance allows both to be true and especially this year with a raging deadly virus going around it feels important to be able to realistically talk about both.
This Year’s Plan
I will not be seeing anyone outside of my nuclear family this holiday. We have dropped off a turkey to my Grandmother and Aunts who live close by and will Facetime or Zoom them at some point. But there will be no needing to leave the house.
That means, with the first football game starting at 12:30pm EST I have, a whole morning open. I’m sure I’ll be in the kitchen helping out but I am a TV on while I cook person so why not fill the morning with my favorite Thanksgiving Show Episodes. I will be starting with as always the CLASSIC “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving”.
The Binge List
- “A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving” Gilmore Girls (Season 3, Episode 9)
- “Blair Waldorf Must Pie!” Gossip Girl (Season 1, Episode 9)
- “WUPHF.com” The Office (Season 7, Episode 9)
- “Thanksgiving III” New Girl (Season 3, Episode 10)
- “Last Thanksgiving” New Girl (Season 6, Episode 7)
- “Homo for the Holidays” Will and Grace (Season 2, Episode 7)
- “Slapsgiving,” How I Met Your Mother (Season 3, Episode 9)
- “Huangsgiving” Fresh Off the Boat (Season 2, Episode 8)
- “The Mom & Pop Store” Seinfeld (Season 6, Episode 8)
- “Turkey in a Can” Bob’s Burgers (Season 4, Episode 5)
- “An Indecent Thanksgiving Proposal” Bob’s Burgers (Season 3, Episode 5)
- “Happy Thanksgiving” Parenthood (Season 2, Episode 10)
- “Auntsgiving” Blackish (Season 3, Episode 7)
- “Lockdown” Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Season 2, Episode 7)
- “The One Where Ross Got High” Friends (Season 6, Episode 9)
- “The One Where Underdog Gets Away” Friends (Season 1, Episode 9)
- “Three Turkeys” Modern Family (Season 6, Episode 8)
So, is your favorite Thanksgiving episode on the list? Let me know what other shows and episodes I should check out — if not in the morning there’s all of Friday too!
Grateful for you,
Leave a Reply